Thursday, September 18, 2008

Update, reminder, challenge, etc.!

In an effort to keep new & fresh posts on this blog, I thought I should post something tonight, but since I didn't know the details for this next Tuesday's ACTS "Celebration" night, I felt I had nothing to offer. Then I remembered how those of us at our ACTS night this past Tuesday got excited about "fellowshipping" with each other, and thought, why not send out a reminder to each of us to get going?!? (I know our intentions -- myself included -- can fade quickly) If you recall, many of us actually were excited and were offering ideas about how we could grow closer together and help one another, and the thing to do now would be to carry out our suggestions!

I know I (Heidi) am typically not the one to be throwing out challenges, but I thought I should give it a try! I feel blessed to be surrounded by so many good friends (most of whom I've met through AWC) who are happy to help me or even just hang out with me. For instance, Angie came over last week with no notice when I needed to make an unexpected trip to London's school for about 10 minutes and I had three other little ones at my house, who were 66% napping (okay, that's a weird way to say 2 out of 3!). I knew it wasn't going to go well to get 2 kids out of bed and load up 3 in the car, unload them after the 4 minute drive, take them into the school for 5 minutes, load them all back up, and then try to put them back to sleep when I got home. (Yes, some people could do it by I'm not that super-mom) So anyways, I called Angie and she came right over. This was a huge help to me and it's one of the blessings of being part of "The Fellowship" as Levi is calling it I think. I know there are many others of you who I could have called and would have helped, and for that I am thankful. So getting back to my challenge (I'm a huge rambler), I would challenge you each to think of or search for something you can do with or do for someone else (whether in our church body or someone God has laid on your heart). It doesn't even have to be an act of service...it could be as easy as going out for lunch or to the zoo or the mall or a movie...just being together and checking up on how someone else is doing. We so easily get caught up in our own lives that we don't always think to ask others about their joys or their struggles. Anyways, I've went on long enough now and will leave you to your own creativity...have fun! (and if you have any great ideas, feel free to post a comment here and others can read it)

No comments: